First, thank you all for your prayers and support.
Here is an update on our trip to Nashville to be screened for a clinical trial.
All was going well with testing until they found that my creatinine level was elevated, a sign that my kidneys aren’t functioning at full capacity, likely due to some blockage. The CT scan confirmed the issue. It seems that the tumor down low is now pushing against or has grown into my ureters. This put everything on hold.
We jumped on a plane last night to come home and met with my local urologist this morning, who agrees that the issue needs to be resolved quickly.
So, I’m scheduled for a procedure at 3pm today to, hopefully, insert stents. If he’s not able to insert the stents, well, I’d rather not mention the alternative…
I knew something fishy was going on recently. My back has been hurting, and let’s just say that trips to the restroom have been more difficult. Also, they weighed me yesterday at 184lbs, more than I’ve ever weighed in my life. I looked at my report from 09/26, and I weighed 176. That’s 8lbs of fluid buid-up in about 9 days!
If this procedure goes well, they will monitor my creatine level. Once it comes back down to normal, I can return to Nashville and get moving on the trial.
Please pray that the doctor can resolve this issue with stents and that my kidneys haven’t been damaged.
Many, many humble thanks.